Sunday, May 23, 2010

Final idea: I am going with this one...hammers & tongs

Had a reaaally big day at uni yesterday. On the way home I was talking with my partner about the final project. She had originally agreed to come along to Culburra with me and help me execute a time lapse of the black sand drawings. With alot of work on both our plates, and the mix of variables involved in that idea for the major project (car: will it make it? weather: what if it pours all weekend like it has been?) we were beggining to feel nervous about the idea. I really felt that it could all go to shit, without much time for plan Bs.

Throughout the middle of the semester I was quite excited about the idea of a drawing based stop motion...but felt flustered that I had no narrative to accompany it. The positive of doing a drawing based stop motion is that it can occur in a controlled environment with fewer variables (much safer at this time in the semester), however it is time consuming...as I had learnt from the first two white board stop motions I made. But really, I did not want to make a meaningless film...without a narrative what the point (i thought)?

Just so happens that I have had a narrative brewing in my head that I quite like. It uses the key figures of a seed, a growing tree, a swarm of ant and a dove (each of which can be drawn in a relatively simple manner). It plays out in a linear-narrative way, though it lends itself to the intervention of a seamless loop (for possible exhibit purposes). I won't bother explaining it in words. The next post (above) has some images of the story board I've sketch out, for what will be my major project...I'm so excited that I have a solid direction. Defo going for this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment