Saturday, May 15, 2010

A few ideas?

Just had a trickle of conceptual development leak from the dry and crusty creativity vessel that has been my mind over the past few weeks.

My first thought tells me to revisit a little project I worked on during the christmas break. I came across this black sand haphazardly and drew skulls with it. I could time lapse this process. Make a little video. 1-2 minutes.Some sound mixed in too. Hmm, would be cool if I could get the sound sorted first then perform the sand drawing. A few little avenues to explore with this one. Definitely something to consider.
 
 
My next thought was having these two images overlayed (moving images of course) in a time/physical change based theme. The first image is simply a shadow caste by a railing near the VA block. The second image is an isobar map. Isobar maps/charts measure the atmospheric change that occurs over time within a specific geography. Overlaying the two images, perhaps with the isobars very soft/faint could work as a kind of play on the seemingly obvious character of the urban environment against the passive and elusive character of natural physical phenomena and change. Kinda of boring yes. Visually a little abstract and obscure. Illustrative through visual metaphor tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment