Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stuff I've been looking at (continued)

I would have attached this to the last post but the post editor is being a little bit of a pain. So this post just follows from the last...

I went to see artexpress on the weekend at the gallerty of NSW. I also saw the archibald prize and its side shows. It was all very good, but as usual artexpress blew my mind!!
I saw heaps more 4D stuff this year than I have in the past. In the show I saw there were nine 4D works! Of the nine, one was a stopmotion animation using paper, pens, pencils and a desk as a site for animation. It was quite cool and from memory was titled 'homework'. Another stop motion I saw was done with lights, shot at night.. on youtube this approach is being labelled as 'light graffiti'... its pretty cool. check this out..



Another I saw the other day was done with salt. This could be replicated with sand, dirt, flour, etc.



woopwoop

1 comment:

  1. I think its possible the spider walk light graffiti video was done using after effects. I don't really know if this example is true to stop motion. who know argh.. not me :S

    ReplyDelete