Friday, April 9, 2010

Stuff I've been looking at (and enjoying)...different ways to spend alot of time animating

As I'm at square one I have the opportunity to just browse and see what's out there before I knuckle down and undertake the mammoth effort of repetition that is animation.
There's an abundance of really cool stuff on the open web...the vids below show a variety of approaches to animation. They vary in the materials and techniques used, but I imagine the editing process is quite similar and could be done through iMovie or something of that nature. Anyway, this is what I have been looking at to get ideas:

Using a whiteboard:


Using a wooden figure...you see lots of stuff created with a range of maneuverable figures/toys. Anything from lego to barbie doll.


This one stood out a bit for me; using what could be a singular material artwork in itself as a background site for animation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment